- Working with you to identify your investment requirements based on your investment strategy, skills, industry, and immigration needs.
- Identify Canadian Start-up companies with strong business models and lucrative growth potential and match them to your investment requirements.
Assisting you with the execution of deals at every step:
- Acting as advisors to deals you choose to engage in, along with providing you support through our network of corporate and immigration lawyers.
- Preparation of all corporate documents and required applications for immigration status for you and your family.
Providing professional services through our strategic partners for:
- Real Estate
- Personal Finances
Providing critical logistical services to help you and your family settle in Canada, including:
- Finding dedicated or shared office space as required.
- Establishing banking relationships
- Guidance in obtaining federal and provincial government services (ex. Social Insurance, Health Card, etc.).
- Finding temporary accommodation (ex. hotels, short-term service apartments, etc.).
- Recommending suitable neighborhoods for permanent living (based on preference for community, schooling, etc.).
The Start-up Visa Program:
IQ Canada is a premier business and professional services firm offering a complete range of business, legal, logistical, and related professional services to entrepreneurs and companies looking to establish and expand their operations in Canada.
The objective is to help your business and employees make a smooth transition to Canada while you focus on the critical task of managing and growing your business.
IQ Canada’s experienced team of business and legal professionals, along with a network of reputable partners, provides innovative and practical solutions to facilitate your successful entry into the Canadian market.
About the Start-up Visa Program
Canada’s Start-up Visa Program is one of the very few business immigration programs that provides a straightforward path to permanent resident status and citizenship for entrepreneurs.
Under the Start-up Visa Program, would-be immigrants apply after having received support from a designated entity, either a venture capitalist, angel investor, or incubator in Canada.
Interested entrepreneurs who:
- Have a business Start-up idea
- Have an innovative idea
- Own an existing Start-up in their home country
No more than 5 applicants claiming business ownership may apply, with each applicant holding at least 10% of voting rights attached to outstanding shares of the corporation, and (jointly) applicants must have at least 50% of total voting rights within the firm.
- Obtain permanent residence before landing in Canada
- Fast processing time of 12-16 months
- Up to 5 applicants per business can apply
- No need for net valuation
- No minimum investment required
- One of five applicants will be appointed to present for the whole group
- If they fail, the applications of other members will be canceled
Meeting The Start-up Visa Requirements
You must hold from 10% to 100% of the voting rights attached to outstanding shares of the corporation and provide active and ongoing management of this business.
- Demonstrate sufficient fluency in either English or French to meet or exceed Canadian Language Benchmark 5 (for listening 5.0, reading 4.0, writing 5.0, and speaking 5.0).
- Be subject to a criminal record check and provide relevant, non-expired police certificates to facilitate this process.
- Submit medical exam results from a panel physician (not your personal or family doctor) to ensure you are medically admissible.
- Demonstrate proof of sufficient settlement funds.
- Obtain a letter of support from a designated organization.
Getting Support From A Designated Organization
Designated organizations are business groups that are approved to invest in or support potential start-ups through the SUV program.
- Venture funds: You must get at least one of these groups to agree to invest a minimum of $200,000.
- Angel investor groups: You must get one or more investors connected to these groups to agree to invest a minimum of $75,000.
- Business incubators: You must be accepted into one of the programs in these groups.
Applying for Permanent Residence and a Temporary Work Permit
Permanent Residence Application:
- Application fee for applicants: CAD $1,540
- Application fee for a spouse or business partner: CAD $1,040
- Application fee for child CAD 1,540: CAD 150/child
- Processing time: 12-16 months
CAD $1,040 per Permit Application:
Foreign nationals who have received a Commitment Certificate and a Letter of Support issued by a designated entity may be considered for a short-term work permit. You can apply for a short-term work permit under the International Mobility Program before submitting an application for permanent residence under the SUV Program.
Landing in Canada
When you arrive, you must have:
- A valid passport and travel documents
- A valid permanent resident visa and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
- Proof that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada
The officer will ask you a few questions to make sure you still meet the eligibility requirements to immigrate nsureda. These questions will be similar to the ones you answered when you applied.
Establishing Your Business in Canada
- Establish your long-term business vision and goals
- Operate and manage your business as promised
- Determining your immigration eligibility
- Applying for PR and work permits
- Studying your business viability
- Creating a go-to-market strategy
- Providing market expertise
- Concept validation
- Pitch deck creation
- Business plan development
- Intellectual property solutions with patent filings
- Financial modeling
- Corporate structuring, including incorporation and shareholder agreements
- Business mentoring and presentation skill development
- Providing access to our network partners, clients, and vendors
- Facilitating investment in your business
- Applying for government grants or funding